Thursday, October 15, 2009

It Never Ends

I got an email today from a friend. She needed legal advice and knew I had already sought mine. Her husband of 7 years began having an affair back in January. He called her on Sunday from training wanting a divorce. She just had their second baby. They just sold their house. He is moving on to probably to start a new life with his 'lover'. What has this world come to?

We talked on the phone for a very long time. We are the only ones who know each others pain. I wish I didn't have this experience to share with her. I know she feels the same. My DB is going to talk to her DB this weekend. I am hoping he can talk some sense into him. How ironic.

I watched Dr. Phil this week, MISTAKE, on the mistresses side of the story. I will NEVER understand. Why would someone want a man with a family? Why would this person think it was okay to continue on with the relationship knowing 'she' was destroying lives? I am not taking the blame off of 'him' in any way. BUT...

I wish I was rich. I would take my friend away some place to bash and cry and listen to screaming man hating music. A break would be nice for me too. We will just have to be content in helping each other long distance.

Selfishness sickens me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry, that is my worst nightmare. I continue to ask, how could she.... (the other woman). There is definitely a place for "ow could he" as well, but as a woman, I can't understand. I don't understand. It should be like a sisterhood...... shame on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny - I am playing catchup a little:
    Rose, you are right. SHAME ON HER. Shame on him for the second thought and carelessness and the adultery, but truly you are right. The question, "Why another would a woman chase a married man?" will never, NEVER have a good enough answer to satisfy my sensibilities. There is something wrong at the core with someone who has that compulsion, and the nerve to act upon it...

    AND... I <3 SUNNY! ;-)

    ReplyDelete